LEWATIT® CNP 80
Lewatit® CNP 80 is a weakly acidic, macroporous, acrylic-based cation exchange resin of standard bead size distribution. Due to its very high total and operating capacity, excellent chemical and mechanical stability together with high resistance to osmotic shock, it is preferable used for dealkalization. The arrangement with strong dissociated cation exchanger (Lewatit® MonoPlus S 108), in demineralization nits leads to higher regeneration efficiency.
As Lewatit® CNP 80 only requires a low excess of regenerant acid, it can be economically used in the following applications:
- dealkalisation of industrial water operated with co-current systems.
- in combination with a strong acidic cation exchange resin, e.g. Lewatit® MonoPlus S 108, in a decationization unit for the demineralisation of water.
- removal of temporary hardness (hardness associated with alkalinity).
- in a single bed unit downstream from a demineralization unit (polisher) for the removal of cations present as hydroxides at flow rates up to 50 m/h.
- in produced water softening as single filter unit or in combination with Lewatit® S 1567 , as polisher in its sodium-form for the removal/extraction of heavy metals such as copper, nickel and zinc from electroplating rinse waters at a pH-value > 5 in absence of calcium and complexing agents.
Technical Data sheet
Safety data sheet
|Legal Area||Language||Legal Entity|